Clinical Supervisor/Direct Supervisor
· Having once weekly supervision sessions with outreach staff and with the Hotline supervisor
· Having twice weekly individual supervision sessions with Master’s level clinical staff
· Having once weekly group supervision meetings
· Overseeing and reviewing staff members’ work procedures.
· Counseling, motivating, and disciplining staff, and referring advanced issues to the executive director.
· Maintaining a small caseload of clients whose cases may be more challenging for junior clinical staff.
· Conducting performance reviews.
· Ensuring staff comply with licensure and registration requirements.
· Ensuring compliance, accuracy, and quality of clinical documentation.
· Assisting clinical staff by closely supervising complex cases.
· Assisting outreach staff by closely supervising cases.
· Enhancing operations by ensuring sufficient staffing and adequate access to services.
· Developing programs and ensuring compliance with procedures and policies.
· Participating regularly in the weekend on-call rotation to provide outreach to emergency clients being seen at the hospital. Filling in the weekday on-call schedule as necessary.
· Helping staff coordinate the many basic needs of life during a crisis including legal/safety (protective orders, home visits, court cases, AIP group, pro bono attorneys), housing (brainstorming short-term solutions) , employment. Learning how to meet needs in areas where limited resources are available.
· Having regular meetings with the executive director.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Master’s degree in social work or professional counseling.
· Currently Licensed Clinical Social Worker–C (LCSW-C) or Professional Counselor (LCPC) required. Must be approved as a supervisor within 1 month of hire.
· 2+ years of supervisory experience in a similar role.
· Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Proficient with supervision, service delivery, and case management fundamentals.
· Proficient knowledge of applicable laws.
· Strong people skills.
· A broad knowledge base of the many theoretical foundations to treat a wide variety of disorders that result from extensive history of abuse as well as interventions for many stages of counseling ranging from crisis intervention and case management to on-going counseling.
· Ability to help young professionals deal with holding traumatic stories acquired through providing counseling to survivors of physical and sexual trauma.
· Ability to meet young professionals where they are and grow their skill sets to meet CAP's needs
· Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
· 13 Paid vacation and 13 paid sick leave days per year
· 11 holidays per year
· Health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance
· Option for employee contributions to 403 (b) plan
· Hybrid schedule 4 days in office, 1 day work from home
To apply for this position, applicants must submit a letter of interest and their complete resume to Center4abusedpersons@gmail.com